Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Walk through the World Awake and Aware

What does it mean to be awake and aware?
It means to notice,
to listen,
to really hear,
to see,
to take in
the messages that are all around me.

It means to be conscious,
to notice how things affect me
and how what I do impacts others.

It means to choose consciously
what I do,
what I am around,
where I put my energy.

It means to be wise,
to listen to my own inner guidance,
to heed the red flags,
to breathe,
to learn,
to grow.

It means to face reality
and not sleep in denial.

And when I see reality,
to consciously decide how I will show up.

Who am I?
Who do I want to be?
Who is my best self, and
how do I access her no matter what?

Who do I align myself with?
Who drains me?
How do I stay in the right arena?

When I am awake and aware,
my mind can sleep, and
my heart will drive,
and I will end up where I am
     meant to be. 


(thank you to Robin Higgins for teaching me about being awake and aware many years ago!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment